"School of Europe" meetings for Venetian high schools 2019
From January to March 2019 was held the cycle of meetings "School of Europe" concerning European topics. The meetings took place in secondary schools in the schools of Veneto region that have requested it at the beginning of the 2018-2019 school year, free of charge.
The duration of the meetings was about 2 hours and the aim was addressing European issues such as the priorities of the European Union, European institutions, European citizenship and the future of Europe.
The meetings targeted the last years of high school classes, in order to interact with the new voters close to 18 years old: the meetings were interactive and oriented on the upcoming elections of the European Parliament starting from the institutions and policies of the European Union. Opportunities for young people, transnational mobility and the future of the Union will be discussed too.
From the 21st to 28th March 2019 the event was part of the "Primavera dell'Europa" (Europe Spring), an initiative of the Representation in Milan of the European Commission to promote learning and discussions in schools on issues related to the European Union. With the purpose to foster the involvement of students and teachers in order to deepen their knowledge on the forthcoming elections of the 26 May 2019, the meetings intended to address teh functioning of the Institutions of the European Union.
The cycle of meetings is the result of the collaboration between Europe Direct Venezia Veneto , USR Regional School Office Veneto , MFE European Federalist Movement, Associazione Xena, Euroculture e ESN - Erasmus Student Network
Schedule of meetings:
- 14 January 2019 at the Istituto Einaudi-Gramsci of Padua (PD) (view detail)
- 16 January 2019 at the Istituto Bruno-Franchetti of Mestre (VE) (view detail)
- 24 January 2019 at the Liceo Foscarini of Venice (VE) (view detail)
- 31 January 2019 at the Liceo Classico-Musicale Marco Polo of Venice (VE) (view detail)
- 8 February 2019 at the Liceo Scienze Umane "Florence Nightingale" of Castelfranco Veneto (TV) (view detail)
- 12 February 2019 at the Liceo Classico-Musicale Marco Polo of Venice (view detail)
- 8 March 2019 at the Liceo artistico Modigliani of Padua (PD) (view detail)
- 20 March 2019 at the Liceo Scientifico M. Casagrande of Pieve di Soligo (TV) (view detail)
- 25 March 2019 at the Istituto Severi of Padua (PD) (view detail)
- 28 March 2019 at the Istituto Luzzatti of Mestre-Venice (VE) (view detail)
- 29 March 2019 at the Istituto ITET Einaudi of Bassano del Grappa (VI) (view detail)
The last meetings of March the 20th, 22nd, 23rd, 25th, 28th e 29th are part of the events organised for the "Europe Spring" initiative.
For further information:
Europe Direct del Comune di Venezia
Ca' Farsetti, San Marco 4136 - Venice
green number 800 496200
fax 041 2748182