DVD"The world in a pocket"
Europe Direct in Venice, Information Service of the European Commission that operates in the Veneto region to increase the awareness concerning European issues, especially among young citizens and schools, offers a free DVD about orientation abroad for post diploma and degree.
The DVD illustrates to young people (high school and university students) initiatives that increase people's skills, foster personal development, adaptability and employability.
The DVD is available on request, free (delivery expanses to be paid by the applicant).
Target: teachers and students leaving secondary school and university.
DVD "The world in a pocket" is a virtual lesson on transnational educational mobility with opportunities of study and work abroad.
- Video "Diploma in your pocket: what to do abroad?" (about 50 minutes)
- Video "Degree in the pocket: what to do abroad?" (about 48 minutes)
The relevant lecture notes are available on the DVD
Speaker: Bernd Faas, Euroculture Association of Vicenza
Video: "Diploma in pocket: what to do abroad" - duration 50'48 ":
- short-term opportunity (Youth Exchange, Language Course, Labor Camp)
-language: recognized exams
- medium-long-term opportunity (university study, internship in the company, au pair, medium-long volunteering, vocational training, work)
-Working holiday Visa (Australia, New Zealand, Canada)
Video: "Degree in the pocket: what to do abroad" - duration 48'43 ''
- languages for qualified personnel (recognized exams)
- medium-long duration opportunities (Internship, Qualified work, Seasonal work, University study, Medium-long volunteering)
- international organizations
- research modality of qualified work
- European placement (Eures, Private Employment Agencies, Job Fairs for New Graduates)
-procedure for master
The DVD is produced by the Europe Direct and Eurodesk Service of the City of Venice with the financial support of the European Commission and is part of the project "Explore the World - Veneto in Motion" cycle of informative meetings concenring mobility in Europe in collaboration with:
- Informacittà of the Municipality of Bassano del Grappa,
- Urban Center of the Municipality of Thiene,
- Informagiovani of the Municipality of Valdagno.
The speaker Bernd Faas has been working in the international mobility sector for over 20 years. His professional experience concerns orientation, preparation and implementation of activities abroad in the context of work, internships, training and voluntary work.
The association Eurocultura (www.eurocultura.it) of Vicenza deals with international mobility since 1993. The guidance counseling, the seminars "Careers Abroad" and "Mobi-Flash", the magazine "Ora di Muoversi" and the newsletter "Muoversi" are some of the instruments that allow us to define the appropriate path to grow personally and professionally through a stay abroad.
ATTENTION: Teachers can ask a copy by sending a request email (delivery methods and expenses to be agreed with the applicant): firstname.lastname@example.org